Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WTB New Computer

KoT finally downed Sindragosa 25 last night. And I wasn't there. Not because I didn't sign up. Not because I wasn't invited due to my fail dps. Because my computer decided to take a shit at raid time.

I haven't been using my desktop except to raid because it happens to be in the hottest room of the house. It's not bad at raid time (10pm-1:30am) but it's nearly unbearable during the day. So I turned off my computer on Thursday night after our last raid. It said that it was installing some Windows updates when I shut it down. I haven't touched my computer since then.

So I was on my laptop this evening when I got the raid invite. I said that I was heading upstairs to switch computers. I turned on my computer. It booted up. And then it got stuck on the welcome screen. I let it sit for a minute, and then I turned the computer off and turned it back on. The same thing happened again. I restarted. It happened again. So I let it sit for several minutes this time, and still nothing. I turned it off and back on one last time, and I got Blue Screen of Death. That happened repeatedly. So now I'm running system recovery. It's been running for two hours. It had gotten up to 71%. I walked away and came back, and it said 51%. Now it's back up to 68%. I really really hope that this works because I can't afford to reformat.

I just can't believe this happened tonight, of all nights. I guess I should have started up my computer earlier, but I never have problems. *sigh* Two marks for shammy gear dropped, and both went to the other shammy for her OFFSPEC. ARGHHH.

No comments:

Post a Comment