Saturday, June 19, 2010

two roads diverged into a yellow wood

And sorry I could not travel both


...it doesn't get much more cliche than Robert Frost, and despite the fact that I'm an English major, I'm really not into poetry at all (aside from Shel Silverstein =P). But it seemed fitting. You can try to gear your offspec, but when you're coming into it this late in the game, ultimately you have to choose. And I think I've chosen the elemental path. I'm starting to wonder what I even thought going enhancement would accomplish. I'd just have to learn how to play all over again, and I was never really good at enhance before. I never researched it, but still.

I finally broke 10k dps on Blood Queen on Thursday night...without being bitten. I was only two spots behind Popkorn, who was bitten, though I'm not sure when. I think it may have been a fluke because I really have never come close to 10k before. Although, the strange thing is, it took us four attempts (we had a few new people who don't know how to listen...) and it went like this: 1st attempt - 7k dps; 2nd attempt - 8k dps; 3rd attempt - 9k dps; 4th attempt - 10k dps. I have no clue what could have caused that, aside from me having to move less, maybe. Our combat log got messed up, so the only other fight I have to compare it to is Putricide, and I always do terrible on him. Whatever the reason, I was finally proud of myself because I felt like I had pulled my weight, for once. I finally got two t10 tokens, but I still don't even have my 251 t10 helm, and as far as I know, that's BiS. Which sucks. I should have looked into that sooner and bought the helm instead of something else that's not BiS. Oh well. Nothing I can do about that now but save my badges.

In other news, the guild downed LK on 10 man last night! They've been working on it for weeks and weeks. It was about time. I feel like I'll never see him dead. I'm afraid to even sign up for any LK nights because I have very little situational awareness, and I'm not going to be the one to wipe the raid repeatedly... I mean, once I really know a fight, then my awareness is near perfect. But when I'm learning...yeah, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment