Thursday, November 20, 2014

Loihi has earned the achievement Level 100



We did it!! *happy dance*

Initially, I thought it would take longer. But then at some point, I just knew it would happen on Wednesday, and sure enough!

On Friday night when things were still a little buggy, I wasn't able to log in to any of my alliance characters. So I ended up logging into Amayaa and giving the horde quests a go, even though I told her that she was in for a long rest. She was pretty excited to see me again so soon. I spent the evening leveling her. I kept switching back and forth from prot to ret. Neither made me very happy. In ret, I was super squishy and kept dying. But prot is only good if you're able to round up a whole bunch of mobs and then mow them down. Once Josh catches Zelu (his BE hunter) up, I think I'll stick with prot and we'll be set. But he isn't ready to play Zelu just yet.

So aside from Friday night, I've spent all of my time playing Loihi. We took a couple of short breaks on Saturday and Sunday because there comes a point where I can't sit still anymore. But Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, we played from the time I got home from work till the time our heads hit the pillows. We attempted to play with Todd on Monday night, which I think set us back a little. All three of us were 96, and Josh and I were questing in Spires of Arak. Todd had been PvPing and hadn't quested since Gorgrond, so he couldn't get most of the quests that we had. We ended up going around doing bonus objectives and killing rares until he had to leave. Let me just say that I am over the Arakkoa. Their quest line was WAY too long and annoying. Overall, Spires was my least favorite zone so far.

Josh and I are in the habit of moving onto the next zone as soon as it's available, and we never complete any of the zones. This time we felt it was important to complete a zone before we moved on, so we hit 100 just as we reached Nagrand. We only did the first few quests in Nagrand, but I am loving it. It feels like home. But of the zones I've completed, I think I liked SMV the best.

I went back to my garrison and upgraded to level three. So exciting!! Josh, unfortunately, didn't think things through and wasted all of his resources changing buildings. So he only had about 100, when he needed 2000. Ooops. Needless to say, he was a little butthurt. I haven't done any research on garrisons, but I knew better than to mess with things before I was 100!

I tried out the proving grounds, and bronze took me several attempts. I'm really really struggling these days, and I don't know why. I've always been good at warlocks, even when warlocks were bad, and it's really upsetting that I'm doing so poorly. I know gear is a factor right now, but I know my skills (or lack thereof) are a bigger factor. I need to do some research. We ran Sky Reach, and Josh was doing 3-4k more dps than I was with a lower item level. Ugh. Gotta get my shit together!!


No comments:

Post a Comment