Thursday, November 13, 2014

Goodnight, Sweet Amayaa

Last night, I didn't feel much like playing WoW. I live on the east coast, which meant that if I wanted to see the release of the expansion, I would have to be up at 3am. I was online around 5:30pm and saw a bunch of people saying they were going to bed so they could get up at 3 and start playing. Later, I lamented that I had not done the same. But let's be real; I would be falling asleep at my desk right now if I had done that. Game release or no game release, I had to come to work today.

I sat in Stormwind, talking in trade chat a little, but mostly just watching. There were so many names that I haven't seen in years. It was amazing to see those people coming back. The Scryers was always a low-pop server, so it was a pretty tight-knit community. You recognized people's names, and you knew who their alts were, even if you weren't friends with them. It made me all warm and fuzzy inside to see those familiar names again.

Before logging off, I went to have a moment with Amayaa. It's always a tough decision - who am I going to level first when a new expansion comes out. But it's always been Loihi. It's just the way it is. It doesn't feel right any other way. But I love Amayaa just as much, and I feel that I am truly horde at heart. (Probably why I have a real life horde tattoo.) It's hard to leave her. So I told her I'll see her when I can, and I tucked her into bed with one of her many kitties. She's going to need plenty of rest when it comes time to venture into Draenor.


No comments:

Post a Comment