Saturday, May 29, 2010

Amayaa and Lumey

This is going to be a two-in-one deal because, for one, Lumey doesn't have much of a story. And two, I just made a picture of the two of them together.

Our friend Waffle used to play with us on The Scryers. Then he moved away and met new friends who played WoW, so he started playing horde on Firetree with them. Eventually he convinced us to come play with him, so I made a paladin (Amayaa, named after the daughter of a friend from Shinra) and Josh made a hunter (Zelu). We leveled to 45, and Waffle server transferred. So we left those toons alone and went back to The Scryers.

In February of 2009, my friend Andrew said, "they opened up free transfers from a lot of servers to this server called Scilla. You should see if your horde are eligible." They were, in fact, eligible. So Andrew moved from Smolderthorn, and we moved from Firetree. It was pretty amazing. They closed transfers a few days earlier than they had originally stated, and so many people had transferred that there were already queue times, so they ended up opening transfers back out. We stayed, though and leveled to 80 as quickly as we could. We made some good friends along the way, and when we hit 80, we started a guild called Diabolical. We had Naxx10 on farm, and we were having a lot of fun.

Then I got a new roommate who also played WoW but very, very casually. She and her boyfriend made toons on Scilla. Then a bunch of their friends (I think five-ish) made toons over there. Their friends leveled to 80, but my roommate and her boyfriend did not. Of course, we felt obligated to invite them all to our guild. But two of them in particular were elitist bastards who were constantly telling us we were doing things wrong, despite the fact that we could one-shot every boss in Naxx10, with maybe the exception of KT, every time. When they finally got raid-ready, they all signed up for our Naxx run. It was, by far, the worst run we had EVER done. We did better the first week the guild started when half of us were in <200 gear and half of the raid was pugs. They were arguing about boss strats, and they just did not mesh with our other guildies. At all. We wiped three times on Patchwerk before finally getting him down. We moved on and wiped on trash, and that's when I called it. They all got pissed and started all kinds of drama in guild chat. Then I had an officer talking to them in a way that was not acceptable in our guild, so I reprimanded him for it. We lost all of those real life "friends," along with the officer (who happened to be our main tank). Despite the fact that the guild had been going strong for a decent amount of time without all of those people, a mass exodus always freaks people out, and we had a few more of our core leave. (Mainly those who had joined because of said officer.)

As stupid as this is going to sound, I was heartbroken. Our guild was nothing special, but I put a lot of time and effort into it. It meant so much to me, and people who were supposed to be our friends burned us. We lost too many people to continue our ten man, and Josh and I gave up. We quit WoW. There was nothing left for us. We had left our guild and our toons on The Scryers, and I guess karma caught up to us and tore apart our guild on Scilla. We stopped playing for three or four months.

Then our friend Jedi (one of our friends from Shinra, back in the day) came to visit us. He begged us to come back to The Scryers, so we gave in. I had no interest in playing my warlock or my shaman. I had loved tanking, and I wanted another paladin. So Josh and I did refer a friend, and I leveled a draenei paladin named Lumey. I wanted to spell it Lumie, but it was taken, and I hate characters in names. But do you get it? Lumey? Like lumiere? Light? Paladins=light? lol. Anyways. As soon as she hit 40, I bought her dual spec so that I could be prot/ret. I leveled Amayaa as ret to 45, but then I leveled her as prot from 46-80. (This was before dual spec.) I knew nothing about ret, and I wanted to learn it. I may be the one and only person in the world who cannot play a ret paladin. I suck. So bad. Hahaha. But it's okay. I love to tank. I did try healing Naxx a few times on Amayaa on fights that only needed on tank, but I never really got it, and I hate pally healing.

I got Lumey all geared up in her tier9 and ICC5 epics, and she's been kind of sitting around since then. Lately I've been playing Amayaa again, and they are in very similar gear, which is why I made the picture of the two of them together. My two t9 prot pallies :)



Lumey is not currently in KoT because they aren't in need of tanks. I may or may not get her in. I haven't decided yet. They do desperately need holy paladins, but that would require gearing her up, and I'm sure if I take the time and effort to do that, KoT will finally recruit a better one, and I'll be useless. I have three or four pieces of holy gear, but that's nothing, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment