Thursday, May 27, 2010

Adelaide

Adelaide is my shaman. She was my second toon to be level capped but my first toon to be 80. You could say I cheated, since I granted her 20 levels, thanks to refer a friend. But it got her through the late 40s and early 50s which is the point where I always, always get stuck.

I leveled her as enhance, and I had a blast with it. As soon as I hit 80, I went resto. I wasn't a terrible healer, but I wasn't great either. Once the patch dropped that allowed dual spec, I bought it and made my off-spec enhance. I got heroic gear and a couple of pieces of Naxx gear, but I sucked. I mean, I really sucked. Plus it was far easier to get a group as a healer, so I left enhance alone. It was a nice waste of 1000g.

I left the server for quite some time, as I already mentioned, to play horde with my friend Andrew. When I came back to The Scryers, I really didn't touch Adelaide. I was playing my paladin primarily, and occasionally I'd play Loihi, but Adelaide just sort of sat there. Once the dungeon finder came out, I started queuing as a healer and getting some healy gear from the ICC heroics.

Now that my heroic epics and blues were completely outdated, I dropped enhance for elemental and started trying to dps in healing gear. I was amazed by how much dps I could pull without a single point of hit rating on my gear. I started gathering my elemental tier9, but most of the rest of my gear was mp5 gear. The funny thing was, I didn't really see a change in dps from when I was wearing straight healing gear.

One day in March, I was sitting in Dalaran unguilded, when I got a whisper from Merc, my old guild leader from KoT. He asked me if I'd be interested in coming back. I knew that the people who had caused me grief before had long since left the guild, so I joined. I started raiding with them again, and I've been happy as a clam, just like before.

Originally, he told me I'd just be running 10 mans since my gear wasn't great. And he gave me the BoE 264 mail healer belt, so I thought he had wanted me to be main spec resto. But then in every raid I signed up for, he slotted me as dps. That was fine with me because raid healing stresses me out. However, my dps sucked. I ran 10 man ICC a couple of times and 25 man a couple of times. Adelaide has three pieces of tier 10. I have three pieces of 232 gear, and the rest is 245+, mostly 251. According to a spreadsheet awhile back, I should have been pulling 6k. I could barely break 5k. I've gotten quite a bit of gear since then, I can barely break 6k in 25 man raid buffs. I have done more research than I ever intended to do on a video game. I have the proper gems, enchants, and glyphs. I have the tightest rotation one can possibly have, and I can barely break 6k. It is beyond frustrating. I'm not pulling my weight in raids. I am constantly at the bottom of the damage meter, and it kills me. Hell, Loihi was pulling 6k in that 10 man the other night. In shitty gear. With the wrong glyphs. With blue gems. With me not trying.

According to a lot of sources, gear just doesn't help elemental shamans that much. I guess it's just the luck of the draw. They were OP at the end of BC, and now they are crap. Everyone gets their turn, and hopefully Blizz will balance them back out.

In the meantime, I've been trying to gather up enhance gear. Not only because I'm hoping I'll be able to pull more dps, but because there are SO MANY caster shammies in the guild. And the thing is, he still has recruitment open. There have been several 25 man runs that had five shamans in them. In my opinion, that is ridiculous. Not because I am one, but because I don't think you should have five of any class in a raid. Merc also informed me that he doesn't want me to wear mp5 gear. Well, almost all of the caster mail has mp5 on it. So he suggested I wear cloth. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to roll on cloth unless none of the clothies need it.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, and it sucks. I never wanted Adelaide to be my main, but I wanted my spot back in KoT, so I took it. I do love my little shammy, and I like that it's more of a challenge than my other characters. But I don't like the fact that I look like a slacker when I am busting my ass. Anyways, here she is today:

No comments:

Post a Comment