Thursday, September 11, 2014

green fire fail

So as I mentioned in my survey a few weeks ago, my first character was my human warlock, Loihi. One day I will have to tell you all about her history and her adventures, but today is not that day! Hahah. I've checked out most of my characters on beta, and I'm pretty satisfied with the changes. But Loihi...oh man, it makes me want to cry. She is my one character who truly holds a piece of my heart. I feel like I've been through so much with her, and she is a part of me. And I hate her new face.


It just looks so...derp. I also don't like the way they "fixed" her hair. I liked those pieces sticking out. But this character...I once got her hair cut, and after having it that way for a week, I just couldn't deal with it. I had to put it back to the original. So I am hoping and praying that they will give us at least one free re-customization. Because I don't want to spend money to fix her, but I really can't live with that face.

My second main is a blood elf (paladin), so I don't know yet if I'll like those changes. I have a feeling, though, that she's going to look hot no matter what they do to her.

Next is my druid, Gastbie. (Side note: The Great Gatsby has been my favorite book since...2003? I've had the character for...awhile. And then when the movie came out, people started giving my all kinds of crap for my name. So lame! I also have a hunter named Katniss who I've never played seriously, but I made her way before the Hunger Games craze started, and people gave me SO much crap about her name that I just don't even play her at all anymore.) So here's Gatsbie:


She looks so mean! Her old face was so friendly and nice, and now, she looks like someone I wouldn't want to mess with. But I'm okay with it. She's a total badass, and I like it. Plus she's a cat or a bear most of the time anyway.

I wasn't going to show my undead Loihi in this post, but I accidentally captured this super cute face. 


Hahahaha. I think they made the undead look too pretty (look at that skin!) but I absolutely love them.

So the actual point of this post was....green fire. I renewed my account on Sunday, and I have been working with Loihi (human) to get her green fire ever since. It took a few days and a lot of rare kills to get the tome, but my husband was helping me, so it wasn't so bad. 

I got the tome and got started on the quest chain while he went to start leveling up his warlock (from 87) so that he could do it when I got done. I really enjoyed the storyline, gathering the soulstones, and seeing the memories. It's one of the most enjoyable quest chains I've ever done.

Then I got to the Black Temple scenario. I couldn't even get past the third stage where you have to use your eye of kilrogg to see traps and then you have to get around them. I knew I should probably try to utilize my demon gate, but I'm so bad with that thing. It seems like every time I need to use it, I panic and end up dead. Don't get me wrong; I'm good at playing a warlock. Specifically a destro class. It might be my strongest class/spec. (Maybe my second strongest.) But I am just awful with demon gates.

So I got Josh to get me through that stage, and he continued playing until he got to the boss. He tried to kill the boss until Loihi's armor was broken and didn't even get him down to 50%. I was looking up strategies and trying to guide him through it, but nothing was helping. I wouldn't say that warlock is one of his strongest classes, but he does know how to play one. Loihi's item level is 490, which from what I've read, is sufficient to complete it, but I did read that there are some specific talents that will really help you out (so much for talent choices not being important!) that I didn't have. So I'll do some reworking tonight and try to kill that dang boss! It just really sucks that you have to start the scenario from the very beginning if you log out.

(If you're wondering why I got these from wowhead and not from the game, it's because I'm at work xD)

No comments:

Post a Comment