Monday, September 15, 2014

green fire fail...again

Josh and I spent the first half of the weekend killing rares to try to get Nyckole's tome so she could get green fire too.  When it finally dropped (wayy more kills than it took Loihi) it was my loot, and I couldn't trade it with her because she was on a different realm, even though she was in my group! We were both so mad, and Josh ended up just buying the dang thing off the AH.

Finally it was time to attempt Infiltrate the Black Temple once more. I figured out it was my pet that was giving me so much trouble in getting through the traps. Once I dismissed him, I moved through the maze quickly and easily (though I did use my demongate too just to be safe.) My first attempt at killing Essence of Order went miserably. The second attempt went better, but at the rate I was going, I thought I'd run out of money for repairs before I killed him. On the third attempt, however, I got my strategy down pat, and I killed him. It was just Immolate/Incinerate/Conflagrate. Keep Rain of Fire up any time there are adds out, and save all burning embers for Ember Tap. Of, and of course, I sacrificed my felpuppy and interrupted the hellfires. That's super important. It took a little while because my gear isn't great (ilvl 491) but I did it! I was so excited.

The next stage, however...oh man. There's an objective to loot as much as you can, and the other objective is to reach the end of the Den of Mortal Delights. I think there is a big assumption that anyone doing this has done the Black Temple raid because there's a lot of "just go here" and no indication of where that place might be. I had no idea what the Den of Mortal Delights was or how long it was, so I was taking my time, picking up all the loot on the floor. When I got down to a minute left on the timer, I realized I'd better start moving to the end. I just ran through all the mobs, and by the time I died, I hadn't even gotten to where I could see the end. With each attempt I picked up less loot and figured out ways to avoid more mobs until, on my last try, I didn't pick up any loot until the very end and only had to kill a small number of mobs. I still just barely made it. I wish I had better gear so I could have killed stuff faster so I could have gotten more loot, but it is what it is.

I finally got to the last boss, and oh man. I hadn't done any research, but after I did, I only learned one thing: I need better gear. It seems all of the strategies are from patches and patches ago, and things no longer work the same way. So I guess they nerfed locks but didn't change the fight? This is the first time since like...October 2012 that I've played seriously, so I know nothing of the changes that have happened. I've pretty much had to relearn how to play. I did give him two attempts, but I knew that I didn't have the patience to sit there for hours of trial and error. I'm going to attempt to obtain some better gear from raid finder and pray that they wait a few weeks to drop the patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment