Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Story of a Rock and a Hard Place

I made the decision to stop raiding with Loihi due to real life as well as not feeling like I fit in with my guild. I decided to focus on starting up a horde guild and starting to raid with them.

I am very honest with people when I try to recruit them. We only have a handful of 100s right now. We aren't ready to raid right this minute. We are trying to recruit more 100s so that we can start raiding as soon as possible. However, I'm not looking people who are already experts and are just gearing up an alt. I'm looking for people who want to learn together and become a team. A family even. I want everyone to have a fresh start. We did it before, and it worked so beautifully.

The problem is that everyone is pretty much done with Highmaul now and ready to jump into BRF. There aren't enough people in our server group who haven't stepped into the raiding scene but still want to get into it. I've recruited a lot of people who aren't 100 yet, but we've got this epidemic going on where people hit 100 and immediately leave the guild. I try to explain to them that if they could just have a little patience, we would get this thing going. You can't expect everything to happen immediately and on your time; we're trying to build a team and that takes a little bit of effort.

There was a guy that I talked to on Saturday who was absolutely perfect. Our raid times fit for him, he shares our raid mentality, and he had a few friends who he wanted to bring with him. I must have talked to him for half an hour. I never pushed him to join; all I did was answer his questions honestly. He finally decided to join and brought one friend with him. He said he'd invite the others as they came online. Then on Tuesday - just 3 days later, he left the guild with no explanation.

We keep getting super close, and then people leave. It's really frustrating.

I've even considered leaving my guild - whether it be on horde or alliance - and joining another guild. The problem is that Loihi, despite having done several weeks of Highmaul, still has no gear. And Amayaa has never done Highmaul, so she has no gear. Everyone is recruiting 650+ at this point to go into BRF. Nobody is recruiting people that aren't even Highmaul geared.

I shot myself in the foot, I guess. I mean, I had no way of knowing that Loihi's guild wouldn't work out. It seemed so perfect. And I'm just not going to raid in a guild where I'm unhappy. I'd rather not play the game at all. I'm trying really hard to get things going for Amayaa, but people aren't committed, and I can't control other people.

I'm trying to get my followers leveled up on both characters so I can get some decent gear from missions, but even if I do, nobody wants tanks, and I'm not going to dps on Amayaa.

I'm on the verge of canceling my subscription, and that's not a place I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment