Sunday, August 10, 2014

i'm back

I can't believe it's been three years since I posted here. I didn't love Cataclysm and never played seriously. I did raid finder a little towards the end, but I was never in a guild and never saw a non-raid-finder raid. Then there was MoP, aka the worst thing that ever happened to WoW. I honestly can't even remember who I leveled first - human Loihi or Amayaa. I want to say it was Loihi. Josh and I leveled together and we ran a few heroics, and then we were done. Over it. At some point I came back and leveled whichever one I hadn't leveled first, as well as Gatsbie. After about two months, though, I lost interest again. This expansion just sucks.

I am really looking forward to Warlords of Draenor, however. I'm super excited about it, and I really hope they do this one right. So right now, I'm preparing. I'm getting all of my characters leveled up to 90 so that I have choices. I'm leveling all my professions to 600. And I'm trying my best to stockpile gold. Maybe I just haven't found the right strategy yet, but I think it's always pretty difficult to make money at the end of an expansion. No one really needs anything, so you might sell mats to people like me who are getting their professions leveled up, but other than that, it's hard to really pinpoint something that is going to make you money.

So right now I have:
Amayaa - Blood Elf Paladin - Level 90
Gatsbie - Troll Druid - Level 90
Loihi - Undead Warlock - Level 90
Katniss - Orc Hunter - Level 90
Loihi - Human Warlock - Level 90
Adelaide - Draenei Shaman - Level 89
Ladella - Undead Priest - Level 89
Avena - Blood Elf Warrior - Level 88
Liora - Tauren Shaman - Level 87
Whimsy - Gnome Warrior - Level 87

Needless to say, I have lots of choices. I probably won't play Whimsy or Adelaide at all because they're on a server where my guild and pretty much everyone I knew left. I transferred my main off that server, and there just isn't really anything left for me there. Luckily, I have both another shaman and a warrior. I hope to have Ladella, Avena, and Liora to 90 by the end of this week.

I don't even remember leveling my professions, but somehow I already have jewelcrafting, enchanting, alchemy, inscription, engineering, herbalism, and mining at 600. I don't have all the fancy schmancy new recipes, but again, it doesn't really matter at this point. At least I won't have to worry about doing leveling any of that when WoD comes out; it will be ready to go for the new stuff. Today I was working on blacksmithing. I think I got to 530 or something. I just need to farm a ton of ghost iron and I'll be finished with that. I've been debating leveling a tailor. Human Loihi's tailoring is maxed, and I leveled that as I went with her. (She was my first character and has been around since vanilla.) It was a nightmare even leveling it that way, so I don't know if I will pick it up on my horde server or not. Josh does have a max level tailor, so I don't necessarily need it.

Once they announce the release date, I'll be able to come up with a better plan. If it does end up being December (or even November) I'll probably just unsubscribe until they drop the patch. If it is coming sooner, then I may spend my time PvPing until that patch drops. I have no interest in trying to get into anything PvE-wise at this time, though.

So I guess we'll see where everything is on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment