Thursday, August 12, 2010

faked link death...whoops?

The calendar invitation I got to the MS raid said the raid started at 8:30. I logged on at 8:00. Very shortly after, I started panicking and remembered that I'm incapable of raiding (with a guild; pugs don't count) when there's no one in the raid that I know. It sounds stupid, I know, but I was getting super nervous and freaking out. By 8:45, I still had not received an invitation to the raid, so I assumed they had deemed me not good enough and found someone else. All the while, Stevie and Kyle were trying to get me to come to their 10 man. I would much much rather do that, but I knew I couldn't bail on the MS RS run or I'd be out. Finally at 9:15, I got a raid invite. I was disappointed, to say the least. I flew over to Dragonblight, and on my way there, I realized MS hasn't downed Halion yet. I completely forgot that KoT is one of only three guilds on The Scryers to have killed Halion 25. (And we've done it a few times now.) I wanted nothing to do with that wipefest (since I HATE HATE HATE RS anyway) so as soon as we pulled, I pulled the plug on my router (so that Vent would disconnect at the same time as the game.) I waited a few minutes and then logged onto my shaman.

Stevie asked me if I could bring my tank instead. That hadn't been what I was hoping for, and I'm not geared well enough to go past lower spire, but I agreed. We had two baddie pugs, but the rest of the group was people we know, and it went well.

We had the most epic Deathwhisper fight ever - I wish we'd frapsed it. Within about a minute of the mana shield being popped, our MT goes down. Both our battle rezes had been used, and both the druids were dead. I was solo tanking a two tank fight from then on out. I thought it was impossible, but apparently not. It was me, one healer, and two dps for at least 50% of the fight. It was absolutely incredible, and I still can't believe we did it. I mean, Deathwhisper is certainly no Heigan...

Anyway. Right before we headed upstairs, I got the warning that my account was expiring in 30 minutes. So we headed up there and did that, and then we killed Saurfang with 1 minute to spare on my account. I had just hit friendly, and I went downstairs to grab my ring before it was over, but it wouldn't let me! I was so mad. I could click on the dude to turn in the quest, but it wouldn't let me choose a reward. Oh well.

I'm definitely glad I chose that over wiping on RS/LK all night, even if that does mean I got kicked out of MS. (I'm too scared to check the armory. lol.)

No comments:

Post a Comment