Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Horseman's Reins and What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been

This is going to be my year. I can feel it.

Despite having killed the Headless Horseman every day of the event almost every year, many years on multiple characters, neither Josh nor I have gotten the mount. I saw it drop once back when it was a drop and not something you got in a pumpkin, but that was the closest I've ever gotten. I mean, I've killed him at least 140 times, and that's probably a really low estimate. (Is there a place I can see this statistic? I know they track certain boss kills, but I don't think he's one of them.) I mean, I know it's only got a 0.5% drop rate, so it's pretty reasonable that neither of us has gotten it. But it feels like we're the only ones. I don't know anyone else that doesn't have it.

I've also soloed Kara plenty of times in an attempt to get Midnight. It may have a different name,  but it's the same model, and I'll take what I can get! The drop rate is slightly higher (0.9%) and I really need to make it a point to do this every week on all of my characters. I just never remember.

One day, my friends. One day I will have that horse.


Hallow's End is definitely my favorite holiday. The Midsummer Fire Festival is a close second, but sadly I managed to miss it this year. :( Those are the only two that I really get into and do all of the quests and everything. There are a few that I hate, like Lunar Festival. These are the reason I still don't have "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been." Maybe this year I'll go for it. Maybe.

I still need the following achievements:

Winter Veil
  • 'Tis the Season
  • Let it Snow
  • The Winter Veil Gourmet
  • A Frosty Shake
  • With a Little Help From My Friends
  • Fa-la-la-la-Ogri'la
  • Bros Before Ho Ho Ho's


Lunar Festival
  • Elders of Cataclysm
  • Elders of the Dungeons

Love is in the Air
  • Charming
  • Flirt With Disaster
  • Nation of Adoration
  • Shafted!
  • Lonely?
  • The Rocket's Pink Glare
  • Fistful of Love
  • I pitied the Fool

Children's Week
  • School of Hardknocks
  • Bad Example

It's kind of a lot. But only four holidays. So if I do it, I'll have my mount in April. If you notice, with the exception of Lunar Festival, each of the holidays I haven't completed has a PvP achievement. The reason I haven't bothered with the non-PvP achievements for those holidays is because I know I won't do the PvP ones!! (Particularly School of Hardknocks. I have never done any of those things with or without an orphan involved.) But this time around, I'm going to suck it up. Really. I mean it this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment